Re: Is it possible to attach a harddisk to an ESX node

Thanks a ton Michal for the reply. I tried your suggestion but a message popped out when was trying to save the xml file which said: "Editing of already existing domain is not supported"... :(
Why I want this is because the node which is getting created is creating empty vmdk image and if I try to boot with it, it says No Operating System found, which is quite valid. I want to attach my vmdk which has the OS in it.

I am just wondering how others are creating VMs and using it with libvirt...!!

Is there any suggestion how I can boot my node?

Regards,
Varun

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Michal Privoznik <mprivozn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26.09.2013 05:50, varun bhatnagar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to attach a harddisk to an ESX node later after
> creating/defining it?
> If yes, can anyone tell me how to do it?
>
> Regards,
> Varun

Unfortunately, this piece of functionality is not implemented yet.
However, if you want to do a cold plug (that is disk will be visible at
next start of the domain), you can 'virsh edit $dom' and write the
appropriate XML snippet by hand.

Michal

P.S.: Patches are welcome :)