Proposing Archive / Unarchive VM Guest functionality.

Hello Team,

Me and few of my friends are planning to add VM Guest archival functionality.
What we are proposing is:
1.  Below diagram shows: possible states of VM guest (archived new state introduced)
2.  For any reason, User / Admin expects to archive the VM guest to remote storage space, so that storage space consumed by VM guest (disk image... .vmdk / .img etc..) will be relived. Rest configuration files will be intact.
3.  Later on when so called archived VM guest is to be booted, libvirt should unarchive the VM guest to local place, and booting should proceed as usual.

Inline image 1

I am new to Virtualization. I am using QEMU/KVM hypervisor.
Requesting to suggest how it can be achieved.
What all things I need to do.

Thanks,

Suhas Mane.