Re: Missing documentation?

Fixed the libxml2 errors.

You need to install the DTD into /etc/xml as W3C is now blocking libxml2 from downloading them, that is what caused the errors I saw.

On debian systems the DTD for XHTML is packaged as w3c-dtd-xhtml
For RHEL compatible systems I think the correct package is
html11-dtds

However docs are still empty. :(

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Eric Blake <eblake@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/05/2013 02:57 AM, Joseph Glanville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am playing with libvirt and I noticed the API reference appears to be
> empty, the page in particular is: http://libvirt.org/html/index.html

Yeah, Dan did a refactoring of several web pages recently, and probably
missed something that resulted in killing the content of this page.  I'm
no xml wizard, so I'm hoping Dan can step in soon; but if it is still
broken in 24 hours, I'll try my hand at it (you never know - I might
learn something useful!).

> I also tried to build the documentation from git but this also produces
> empty html along with a stream of errors because W3C is blocking access to
> the DTD from the useragent that is used to attempt to download it
> (rightfully so, you don't need to download it more than once)
>
> My guess is that without the DTD the parser being used is borking on
> undefined entities like this:
> csharp.html.in:441: parser error : Entity 'nbsp' not defined
> and as such is no real docs are being produced.
>
> I am not subscribed to the list so please use reply-all (or just cc me)

It's list policy to reply-all anyways :)

--
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266