Re: [Libvirt][Sheepdog]How to test Sheepdog patch

On 2013年01月28日 11:08, harryxiyou wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM, harryxiyou<harryxiyou@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi Morita and other developers,

I have done following jobs.

1, git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt.git
2, cd libvirt
3, git reset --hard 036ad50
4, ./autogen.sh
5, make

NOTE: step 3 calls back to Morita's patch for Libvirt version, which is here
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=036ad5052b43fe9f0d197e89fd16715950408e1d

After step 5,  i have following questions.

1, I am not clear about how to test Sheepdog. Actually, i just wanna study
Sheepdog driver, then i will program our driver for Libvirt.

2, I am not clear about how Sheepdog, Libvirt and QEMU communicate with
each other.

The sheepdog pool doesn't relate with QEMU driver, unless what I'm
doing ("glue domian and storage", you can find it in the list)" is
included in the release. Using a disk with sheepdog source directly
relates with QEMU though.

Before my test for Sheepdog patch for Libvirt, i have to build
Sheepdog, Libvirt and QEMU environment, right? Morita, i have seen your
patch for Libvirt but i do not find it calls for Sheepdog functions,
so it does not
have to build Sheepdog environment, right?

Morita, could you please give me some detail suggestions for how to test
your patch for Libvirt?
Thanks very much ;-)