Re: Attaching an "Internal Address"

On 01/10/2013 02:07 AM, Varun Bhatnagar wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to attach an internal address to my domain. So for that I am defining the following syntax in my xml file:

but it is giving the following error:

(I'm assuming that you are using virtualbox, since type='internal' isn't supported for any other hypervisor.)

I don't use virtualbox, so I'm unfamiliar with interface type='internal', and support for it was apparently added before we became strict about all new XML additions requiring a matching addition to the documentation. However, looking through domain_conf.c, I see that this type of interface requires a <source> element with a *name* attribute (not network, as you've given). So I guess try it with <source name='eth0'/>.

Beyond that, I don't know if 'eth0' is an appropriate value for the name, whether the <model> you've specified is proper, or if you need any extra setup outside of the libvirt domain config.

and any attachments. Thank you

To quote Eric's recent reply to another message to the list containing the same boilerplate (and, not surprisingly, from someone else at the same company as you):
  This is a publicly-archived mailing list, where such disclaimers are
  unenforceable and considered poor netiquette.  You might want to
  consider sending mail from a personal account that doesn't have this
  junk slammed on by your employer.