Re: Potential race condition problem

On 09/29/2012 09:06 PM, Benjamin Wang (gendwang) wrote:

Hi,

I think you misunderstand my meaning. My solution includes step1 + step2. Step1 is used to implement thread mutex. Step2 is used to

handle “initialized” visibility. Without step2, the initialization could be executed several times.

B.R.

Benjamin Wang

    Okay, your solution probably work in Java because the visibility feature of "volatile", that is to say
    A volatile variable is not allowed to have a local copy of a variable in thread-local memory that is different from the value currently held in "main" memory. whenever you access or update the variable in any thread, all other threads immediately see the same value.
    But in C I am not quite sure that volatile will work like what it does in Java or it could work well with
"synchronized" code in Java.