adding more element to <interface>

Hello people,

I am considering adding more elements into <interface> name space in order to support more features of different hypervisors (specificly qemu). I have discuss this in user thread, and I have been told to propose an xml syntax for it.

<domain type='qemu' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
.
.
.
  <interface type='user'>
      <mac address=/>
      <model type=/>
      <bandwidth>
      </bandwidth>
      <address=/>
      <
hostname=/>
      <dns=/>

  .
        .
        .
  </interface>
.
.
.
</domain>

I am wondering, firstly if such a thing is plausible. And if so, how I can contribute and where I can start from.
Thank you in advance.

Zamani