Re: RFCv2: virDomainSnapshotCreateXML enhancements

On 08/12/2011 08:33 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 08/11/2011 08:36 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
In implementing this in virsh, I found that for backwards compatibility
reasons, it would be easier to two flags instead of one, since both use
cases seem plausible (do the bare minimum to remove my domain, but
wihtout losing snapshot data, vs. nuke everything including my snapshot
data that was associated with the domain). Hence I'm modifying this
slightly to be:

VIR_DOMAIN_UNDEFINE_SNAPSHOTS_FULL -> maps to
virDomainSnapshotDelete(,0), can be emulated on older servers
VIR_DOMAIN_UNDEFINE_SNAPSHOTS_METADATA -> maps to
virDomainSnapshotDelete(,VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_DELETE_METADATA_ONLY),
cannot be simulated with server older than 0.9.5

And to make it easier to detect whether a domain has libvirt snapshot
metadata, I need to add:

virDomainSnapshotNum(,VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_NUM_METADATA)

For consistency, I'm actually going to name this VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_LIST_METADATA, and let it apply to both virDomainSnapshotNum and virDomainSnapshotList (list those snapshots that have metadata).

I also want to add VIR_DOMAIN_SNAPSHOT_LIST_ROOTS, which lists only snapshots that have no parents (unlike my other proposal for LIST_CHILDREN and LIST_DESCENDANTS, this one is uncontroversial on application to the domain, rather than starting from a single snapshot and figuring out whether to shoehorn in that single snapshot in existing api or create new api).

--
Eric Blake   eblake@xxxxxxxxxx    +1-801-349-2682