Re: libvirt.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

2011/5/24 Matthias Bolte <matthias.bolte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2011/5/24 YAO <yffbrave@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
> I cloned the latest libvirt from git and compiled as follows:
> cd libvirt
> ./autogen.sh
> make
> sudo make install
> when installing, it reported "/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `./xxx.html': No
> such file or directory", is that normal?

You are probably missing some of the required tools for docs generator
like xstlproc or xmllint or the xhtml1 dtd files.

Thank you for your suggestions, I installed xsltproc and w3c-dtd-xhtml package on ubuntu 10.04 which fixed this problem.
> after install completed, I typed virsh, it showed:
> "virsh: error while loading shared libraries: libvirt.so.0: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory", how to fix it?
> I found libvirt.so.0 in /usr/local/lib, but why virsh can't find it?
> the same problem happens on /usr/local/sbin/libvirtd, it can't find
> libvirt-qemu.so.0 which is also located in /usr/local/lib.
> So, what's the general procedure to make git version work?

Is this the first thing that got installed under /usr/local? You might
need to update the ld cache by running ldconfig.

It seems the system didn't search the /usr/local/lib, so I appended --prefix=/usr  on ./autogen.sh to relocate the installation.

Here's another question:
I know the sVirt was merged into libvirt, did all the codes reside in src/security?
How should I start to contribute?

Regards,
Yao
Matthias