qemu qxl video memory parameter - windows bsod with spice

Hi,

Please see the below discussion with the spice community.Â

libvirt is adding a parameter about video ram to qemu process and this parameter might be responsible of a crash in the qxl at higher resolutions. Spice people tell me that their default ram should be 64 Mbytes.Â

I'm using libvirt 0.9.0 and qemu 0.14, Âvirt-manager 0.8.7. When configuring a guest in virt-manager, cirrus driver is added as default, then you can change it to qxl, but the 9 MB videoram parameter can't be adjusted and it does not automatically change to 64 MB. If you add a 2nd qxl video card, then it has 64 MB memory.

The parameter that qemu gets with one qxl device is:

  Â-vga qxl -global qxl-vga.vram_size=9437184

The parameter that qemu gets with a second qxl device is:

  Â-vga qxl -global qxl-vga.vram_size=9437184 -device qxl,id=video1,vram_size=67108864,bus=pci.0,addr=0x8

Is this a bug in libvirt or other related tools?

Thanks,
Br,
Emre