Re: libvirt-0.8.8 libvir: Security Labeling error : unable to set user and group to '0:0' on '...': Permission denied

On 04/28/2011 09:36 AM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
Hello,
I just noticed strange problem. While trying to start vm with cdrom image on a samba mount, I get:
libvir: Security Labeling error : unable to set user and group to '0:0' on '/home/cluster/images/interinformatics/CentOS-5.4-i386-bin-DVD.iso': Permission denied
I googled this up, and found some solutions, but none seems to be suitable for me. The biggest problem is I'm not using selinux at all, its completely disabled, and I don't have a chance to change mount parameters as well...
Is there any way to workaround this?
thanks a lot in advance!

This isn't related to selinux, but to libvirt's practice of changing the user:group of files that must be opened by qemu. You can tell libvirt to not do this - edit /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf, and uncomment the line that says "dynamic_ownership = 1" and change the 1 to a 0. Then restart libvirtd. Note that once you've done this, you'll need to make sure that all disk image files used by qemu are pre-set to the proper ownership for the "qemu user" to access them (this includes all parent directories of the image files) (the qemu user is "root" on many systems, but is "qemu" on some others (eg Fedora and RHEL). It may also be configured in /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf).