Re: [libvirt-php] About the inconsistency in libvirt-php

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:12:03PM +0800, Lyre wrote:
  WARNING: In previous releases of libvirt-php, the function
libvirt_list_defined_domains()
           was returning the wrong kind of information.  It *should* have
been showing all
           persistent domains, both active and inactive.  However it was
instead showing
           just inactive domains.

Hi justin, Is there a way to list the "defined/persistent" domains in
libvirt?
virConenctListDefinedDomains() doesn't behavior like that.

I'm really amazed, the behavior of "defined" in libvirt development guide
seems to be equivalent to "inactive".
There are two types of guest

  - Persistent: This has a config file on disk. It will appear
    either in the ListDefinedDomains or ListDomains, depending
    on whether it is currently running
  - Transient: This has *no* config on disk. It will only appear
    in ListDomains and will disappear completely when it is
    shutdown.

Every inactive domain is thus a persistent domain. A running domain can
be either transient or persistent. There is a virDomainIsPersistent()
API to distinguish them.

Daniel
That's what I was thinking Daniel. Thanks for clarification. I didn't know about virDomainIsPersistent() API but it could be useful.

Thanks for your reply,
Michal

--
Michal Novotny<minovotn@xxxxxxxxxx>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat