Re: l10n/i18n ~ po files and their cycle

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 06:14:12AM +0100, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
> On 01/27/11 05:20, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > if you still didn't managed to push your changes, let's try to not
> > loose your edits.
> > The way I do things is that I push the pot file on a regular basis
> > (approx monthly) to the CVS used for Fedora translations. Then I check
> > out the po file from the same CVS a week later or something.
> > I just checked out and I have new po available for nl, na and pl,
> > I will also extract the cs once rerun the update, then commit this to
> > libvirt git real soon now, then pull from git, try to see if there are
> > things which need fixing on your side and send your result cs.po
> > to me or here, then I will push this to Fedora localization CVS.
> > Of course if you already managed to push them there, fine, but since
> > I don't see an update for cs.po, it seems it's not the case,
> >
> >   thanks !
> >
> > Daniel
> >

> Morning Daniel,
>
> no, I haven't yet, because 'cs.po' from libvirt is different than
> 'cs.po' at fedoraproj. So I have move things around and it doesn't go
> well. I've also been AFK since I've left work, so-

  Okay, in general the file will never match exactly, because I run
"make update-po" in the po directory before commiting them to make sure
thing like line numbers matches the current pot. I never push po back
only the pot.
  So I pushed all the po from Fedora to git now, so the current state of
fedora and of git upstream should match (even if as told there will be
differences in the po files).

> Eventually, translation is at:
> http://www.zeratul.org/git/?p=projects/libvirt-i18n-czech/.git;a=summary
>
> with my time being horribly lagging behind reality(is it still
> 2010-12-30? :] VMs ...).

  It would be a shame to loose all that work, hum, I wonder how to
best collect the patch in now ... some kind of git rebase would be needed
I think.

Daniel

daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/