Re: directory storage pools reported available space

On 04/12/2010, at 1:29 AM, Ryan Harper wrote:
>> It's misleading not to exclude the reserved space, probly it will be
>> nicer to report both the actually avaiable spaces and the reserved
>> ones.
>
> I argue the opposite.  df doesn't show you the reserved space.  the
> first thing someone does to compare the values between libvirt directory
> pool and df.
>
> I don't mind reporting both but, I've yet to see a tool to report the
> reserved value rather than the non-reserved.

Yeah, personally I'm in agreement with Ryan here.  The "reserved" amount
is mostly a throw-back concept not often used these days.  SysAdmins
generally kind of expect all of the "free" space to be reported/available
for use.  If we can only show one value, it should be the whole amount,
not excluding reserved space.