Ask for help about libvirt error: this function is not supported by the connection driver..

Hi,

I'm a libvirt user, I encountered a problem when I use the libvirt java bindings, could you please help me take a look? Thanks in advance! Any suggestions from anyone of you will be very appreciated.

Here is my scenario:

Remote access machine A is a RHEL 5.4 workstation with the command "virsh version" results:
Compiled against library: libvir 0.8.1
Using library: libvir 0.8.1
Using API: Xen 3.0.1
Running hypervisor: Xen 3.1.0

Hypervisor machine B is a Fedora Core 14 Linux workstation with the command "virsh version" results:
Compiled against library: libvir 0.8.3
Using library: libvir 0.8.3
Using API: QEMU 0.8.3
Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.13.0

I finished the code using libvirt java bindings and run it on machine A, try to remote connect to the hypervisor on machine B. It can be connected succussfully, but when the code calls the function of conn.listDefinedStoragePools() or conn.listStoragePools, the libvirt on machine B will get the errors below:

04:19:10.467: error : phypStorageOpen:3884 : invalid argument in phypStorageOpen: unsupported flags (0x1)
04:19:11.354: warning : qemudParsePCIDeviceStrs:1422 : Unexpected exit status '1', qemu probably failed
04:19:12.128: error : virLibConnError:448 : this function is not supported by the connection driver: virConnectNumOfStoragePools

With the errors above, my code can't run the functions of conn.listDefinedStoragePools() or conn.listStoragePools successfully.

Could you please give me some suggestions?

By the way, I try to use the libvirt java bindings 0.3.2 and 0.4.6, both of them have this problem.

Best Regards,

Fengdan Liu, Casey

AdTech, Tivoli China Development,
China Software Development Lab, IBM Greater China Group
Phone: 86-10-82453004
Email: liufengd@xxxxxxxxxx
Addr: No.28 Building, Zhong Guan Cun Software Park, No. 8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, P.R.China