Re: Startup/Shutdown scripts for KVM Machines in Debian (libvirt)

ä 2010å11æ10æ 16:35, Avi Kivity åé:
On 11/10/2010 10:01 AM, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
Hi,
I manage my KVM machines via libvirt and wonder if there are any init.d
scripts for automatically starting up and shutting down virtual machines
during boot/shutdown of the host?

Writing this for myself seems to be not that simple, as when shutting
down,
the system has somehow to wait until all machines are halted (not
responding
guests have to be destroyed etc.), and I don't really know how to
accomplish
this.

My host system is Debian Lenny, is there anything available?
Perhaps libvirt offers something I'm unaware of?

I think it does. Copying the libvirt mailing list.

/etc/sysconfig/libvirt-guests, though not sure
if your libvirt version supports it.. perhaps
you need to update it..

- Osier