Re: Need help, how can I access to qemu-monitor with libvirt 0.8.1

On 08/31/2010 03:41 AM, Lai Jiangshan wrote:

Hi, all

I encounter this problem when I try to send NMI to guest.
I don't know how. I think if I can access to the qemu-monitor, I can
just do this command in the qemu-monitor: "nmi<cpu#>".
But I don't know how to access to qemu-monitor, I think I can
get help here.

The only way to do this with libvirt 0.8.1 is to write a wrapper script which adds arguments and invokes the real qemu, then point libvirt to the location of the wrapper instead of the real qemu. Not the most trivial task.

I noticed that libvirt 0.8.3 supports remote protocol and arbitrary qemu commands,
but I did not found any document, how can I use it?

That's different than the 0.8.1 of your subject line. Yes, 0.8.3 makes it easier to add additional arbitrary arguments to the qemu command line via your XML file. The list archives has several examples of this; most recently:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-August/msg00589.html

--
Eric Blake   eblake@xxxxxxxxxx    +1-801-349-2682