To: <libvir-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:23 PM
Subject: Re:  Host IP Address

Anno domini 2010 IKI-サガル バルウェ scripsit:

Hi!

Thanks for such a quick reply.

No problem :)

Did I get you right, that you have a 'virDomainPtr' as basis and want a
mapping
from that to the IP?
Yes. Thats what I want to do.

I guess one way could be to get the virConnectionPtr
 conn_ptr = virDomainGetConnect (domain_ptr);

And then query the hostname
 virConnectGetHostname (conn_ptr);
or the uri
 virConnectGetURI (conn_ptr);

and resolve the hostname or extract the IP/host from the URI and
resolve that.

Yes, I thought of this too. But I was hoping that the LibvirtAPI has some
way of giving me the host IP Address directly, instead of resolving it
myself.

I don't know of any and I wouldn't know which IP to choose if there
were multiple.

But then again, how would I resolve the IP Address from the hostname? Can
you please guide me on this.

In short:

struct hostent *hostent;
hostent = gethostbyname (char *hostname);
if (hostent) {
       for (i = 0; hostent->h_addr_list[i]; i++)
printf ("%s, ", hostent->h_addr_list[i]);
printf ("\n");
}

HTH
Ciao
Max
--
"Ich habe eher spontan mitbestellt, ohne genau zu wissen, was ich da gerade kaufe.
Immer noch besser, als Schuhe zu kaufen."