Re: [libvirt] patch submission: git send-email, format-patch or git diff

On 05/03/2010 11:13 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 05/03/2010 08:26 AM, Laine Stump wrote:
I recently learned that git send-email will send directly from the git
history, without the bother of using git format-patch to create
intermediate files. For example:

     git send-email -1

will send an email containing the latest commit on the current branch.

     git send-email --compose -5
Another useful command line:

git send-email -5 --in-reply-to=... \
  --annotate --compose --subject-prefix=PATCHv2

which lets me send a 5-patch series as a v2 reply to an earlier email,
with a cover letter, and allowing me to add comments to each individual
patch to document what changed from v1.  The only thing that makes this
hard is that thunderbird 2.x used to have the mnenhy plugin to make it
very easy to get the Message-ID of any given message, but that plugin
has not been ported to thunderbird 3.0 so I have to view the source of a
message and manually find the MessageID.

I just select View/Headers/All, then right click on the "1" next to the "message-id" line, and select "Copy". (I wish I could select that, and a couple other extra headers, to be displayed when "Normal" headers are selected. With all the time I spend using Thunderbird every day, you'd think I'd take the time to figure out where/how to make feature requests :-P)