Re: Patches on libvirt patchew are outdated

On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 10:27:54 +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 9:33 AM Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > The problem is likely caused by the switch to the new mailing list. The
> > > patch importer of patchew wasn't probably configured to use the new
> > > list.
> > >
> > > Since the patchew project doesn't seem to contain the actual
> > > configuration for the importer that is used on patchew.org we'll need to
> > > contact somebody to fix it.
> > >
> > > Paolo, Daniel, do you know who can fix this?
> >
> > Either I or Fam can fix it. We just need to subscribe to the new mailing list.
>
> On top of that, the last month of patches was delivered, but not
> processed because Patchew did not recognize devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as
> a message for the Libvirt project. This will also sort itself out in
> an hour or so.

The patches are now picked up, but I've noticed that all series' are
marked as "does not apply to master".

Unfortunately the new mailing list (mailman3 + hyperkitty) has a bad
habit of touching all the patches. Very specifically it recodes and
quotes CRLF, which makes it impossible to apply via 'git am' in default
configuration and requires using 'git am --quoted-cr=strip'. This
applies both in mail and also in archives.