Versioned CPU types in libvirt

I'm currently looking at getting libvirt working with AMD's SEV-SNP encrypted virtualization technology. I have access to a test machine with an AMD EPYC 7713 processor which I can use to launch SNP guests with qemu, but only when I specify one of the following versioned -cpu values:
 - EPYC-v4
 - EPYC-Milan-v2
 - EPYC-Rome-v3

From what I understand, the unversioned CPU models in qemu are supposed to resolve to a specific versioned CPU model depending on the machine type. But I'm not exactly sure how machine type influences it.

I've got some libvirt patches to launch an SEV-SNP guest working now except for the CPU model specification. As far as I can tell, I can currently only specify the un-versioned model in libvirt. Is there any way to request a particular versioned CPU from qemu? I feel like I'm missing something here.

I should perhaps also mention that I'm running a development version of qemu from Cole's copr repo[1], which could still have some related bugs

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/g/virtmaint-sig/sev-snp-coconut/

Thanks,
Jonathon