Re: Sunset libvirt-snmp?

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 10:32:42AM +0200, Michal Prívozník wrote:
> It's been a while since libvirt-snmp was actively developed. Now it
> receives only libvirt-ci related commits. The code compiles with
> net-snmp-5.9.3 but the freshly released net-snmp-5.9.4 [1] breaks
> compilation [2]. Now, libvirt-snmp has this crazy architecture, where
> some sources are manually generated from src/LIBVIRT-MIB.txt, then
> edited (added code to talk to libvirt) and then added to git.

I'm also strongly inclined to archive the following:

  * libvirt-cim

  Similar situation to SNMP binding, CIM is an outdated way
  to interact with libvirt that hasn't been developed in
  years and I doubt anyone uses it.

  * libvirt-appdev-guide-python
  * libvirt-publican

  The publican toolchain was removed from Fedora, and the
  build in Debian is broken. While I can probably fixe the
  Debian build, I'm not especially inclined to invest in
  this since we're not actively adding content to this
  doc. If we ever did take it forward again I'd probably
  suggest it be ported to Sphinx / RST instead of Docbook.

  * libvirt-sandbox
  * libvirt-sandbox-image

  The Kata and libkrun projects both conceptually overlap with
  what this tried to do and are actually actively used and
  developed unlike this.

  * libvirt-designer

  This project is dormant as we never put all that much investment
  into it, and I don't see it being useful to apps in future either

With regards,
Daniel