Unable to use Routed (brouter) method with netmask 255.255.255.255 in both host and vm

Hello-

Assuming I have the host /etc/network/interfaces in Debian Bullseye as follows:

auto enpXYs0
iface eth0 inet static
   address mn.opq.rst.xy # Main IP
   netmask 255.255.255.255
   pointopoint (Gateway IP)
   gateway (Gateway IP)

auto virbr0
iface virbr0 inet static
   address mn.opq.rst.xy #Main IP
   netmask 255.255.255.255
   bridge_ports none
   bridge_stp off
   bridge_fd 0
   pre-up brctl addbr virbr0
   # Additional IP for VM below: only mn.opq octets match main IP
   up ip route add mn.opq.uw.z/32 dev virbr0
   down ip route del mn.opq.uw.z/32 dev virbr0

Using the above configuration, ip addr
shows the main host IP address as 'peer' with its gateway IP.

Please, see:
< https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicated-server/network/net-config-debian-ubuntu/#routed-brouter >

What kind of /etc/libvirt/qemu/network/mytestnetwork.xml file should I create for a virtual machine installation connected via libvirtd? Please note that nftables are in use and possibly I should edit its configuration file to add the IP mn.opq.uw.z of the virtual machine and thus enable the VM to utilize the main host IP as a gateway.

Currently I have

mytestnetwork.xml which contains:
<network>
<name>mytestnetwork</name>
<uuid>char-string</uuid>
<forward mode='bridge'/>
<bridge name='virbr0'/>
</network>

The VirtManager GUI advances the installation of the Debian OS in the VM but even if I have provided the main host IP as its gateway IP it cannot fetch the debian packages from its repository, i.e., there is no connection to the outside world.

Any insight is appreciated.

--
Best Professional Regards.

--