Re: Issue in WinRM on Linux

Yes Alvin. I am using same box. Any contact for Vagrant folks?

Regards
Nishit

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 6:27 PM, Alvin Starr <alvin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It would look like you are using https://app.vagrantup.com/peru/boxes/windows-10-enterprise-x64-eval or a related image.

Your best point of contact for support would likely be the Vagrant people.

On 2022-04-11 08:17, Nishit Sharma wrote:
Hi Michal,

Reason for asking is I am using peru/windowsbox as guest os running on linux/kvm host. The box owner pointed winRM support in libvirt.
The VM is running on linux/kvm host which have different domain IP (10.190.xxx.xxx) and windows guest gets 192.168.xxx.xxx IP.
Atleast on windows localhost:985/wsman should be accessible.
I am clueless.

Regards
Nishit

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 5:20 PM, Michal Prívozník <mprivozn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/11/22 12:49, Nishit Sharma wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> Thing is the winRM from linux is unable to open remote shell in windows
> guest as mentioned in error logs. I am using NAT mode but didn’t use
> port forwarding. Firewall for 5985 is open in windows guest and from
> linux I can connect with windows guest through Enter-PSSession and
> telnet. Even on guest os localhost:5985/wsman is showing http error 405,
> no page.
> Any suggestions?

Where is the winRM running? is it on the host that's running the Windows
VM? Because if it is, then you shouldn't need any port forwarding as the
host has access to the bridge and VM's NIC directly. Otherwise, you'll
need port forwarding.

Are you connecting from another VM? Then try checking firewall in the
host. At any rate, I'm still failing to see what can libvirt do to help.

Michal

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin@xxxxxxxxxx              ||