[no subject]

QEMU
 - add a "deprecated-features" feature group (more-or-less David's code)

libvirt
 - recognize a new model name "host-recommended"
 - query QEMU for host-model + deprecated-features and cache it in caps
file (something like <hostRecCpu>)
 - when guest is defined with "host-recommended", pull <hostRecCPU> from
caps when guest is started (similar to how host-model works today)

If this is sufficient, then I can then get to work on this.

My question is what would be the best way to include the deprecated
features when calculating a baseline or comparison. Both work with the
host-model and may no longer present an accurate result. Say, for
example, we baseline a z15 with a gen17 (which will outright not support
CSSKE). With today's implementation, this might result in a ridiculously
old CPU model which also does not support CSSKE. The ideal response
would be a z15 - deprecated features (i.e. host-recommended on a z15),
but we'd need a way to flag to QEMU that we want to exclude the
deprecated features. Or am I totally wrong about this?

--
Regards,
Collin

Stay safe and stay healthy