Re: GSoC 2022 introduction

On 2/24/22 18:08, Moteen Shah wrote:
> Hello,
> This is Moteen Shah,
> I have completed the build of the project and also read
> the contribution.html <https://libvirt.org/contribute.html>,
> I am still trying to figure out the issues I can work on, it would be
> really helpful if you can give some advice on good first issues to work
> with.

Hey,

It's nice to see people interested in libvirt. Please be aware that
participating orgs for GSoC 2022 will be announced in ~1.5 week. And
while I applied on behalf of Libvirt we are not guaranteed to be
selected this year.

Nevertheless, if you want to start contributing there are small tasks
(which we call bitesized tasks):

https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/issues?sort=created_date&state=opened&label_name[]=bitesizedtask

Feel free to pick any of them. Just remember to put into the commit
message which one you picked. Ideally, with "Resolves: " prefix, like this:

  Resolves: https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/issues/1

And also, we've documented how to build libvirt and write patches for it
here:

  https://libvirt.org/hacking.html

Please don't hesitate to ask further.

Michal