Re: [libvirt] [RFC]: Snapshot API

I don't see any need to special case the base image here. The main
virDOmainSnapshotDelete() API already lets you discard all snapshots
until you get to the base image - VMWare/VirtualBox already demonstrate
this is sufficient.

Is this as efficient though? Discarding all snapshots could be reasonably expected to be O(1). If you say this is not a common operation, that's fine of course.

Even without special casing the base image, I'm a bit uneasy that a virDomainSnapshot* API touches the base image. What do you think about leaving the merge operation as a virDomain* API, e.g. virDomainRebase?

Paolo