[libvirt] Segmentation Fault while connecting to ESX VMware

Has anyone had a similar issue while trying to connect to VMware's ESX systems?

I am running the following command: libvirt.openAuth("esx://IPADDRESS/ ", 1,0)
From what I have read about connecting to an ESX system, libvirt.openAuth calls virConnectOpenAuth which needs three arguments: uri, auth, flags

I am not sure what values I should use for auth and flags.

When I run my python script I get a segmentation fault.  I have tried to run the same script on Fedora11 and CentOS 5.4.
I get the same result on both systems.  I have googled this issue, which returned a possible issue with not having libvirt-bin installed.
The libvirt on both systems are from the original installation of the OS for each system.

I have tried to install the latest libvirt on both systems and have not been able to install it due to gnutls not being found, which is a whole nother discussion.  Please advise as to what I might be doing wrong and or what arguements I need for the ESX connection.

Regards,
Bill