Re: Adding an nftables backend in addition to iptables?

Hi,

sorry for the noise, I just want to follow up with the solution in
case someone else runs into this problem and finds this thread.

It turns out this is not a bug, but intended behaviour by iptables: If
you have used nft to create the same tables that iptables uses,
iptables-nft refuses to work with those. At some point I converted my
iptables rules to nft rules using "iptables-translate", which ends up
using the same namespace. In other words, the solution was to rename
the tables in my firewall rules.

Once again, thanks for your work on libvir! :)

Best regards,
Aljoscha