Re: [libvirt-php 5/6] gitlab: add CI jobs for validating build across platforms

On Mon, 2020-05-04 at 18:40 +0100, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> This introduces CI jobs that replace the current jobs used on Jenkins
> for every platform except FreeBSD.

That would be correct, if not for the fact that we never actually
added libvirt-php to our Jenkins-based CI environment ;)

In general, I think you can use a much shorter commit message similar
to the one you've used for libvirt-rust, but as long as you remove
the bit above you can keep the current one too.

[...]
> +centos-7-git-build:
> +  <<: *git_build_job_definition
> +  variables:
> +    NAME: centos-7
> +
> +debian-9-git-build:
> +  <<: *git_build_job_definition
> +  variables:
> +    NAME: debian-9

So we're never building against the distro-provided libvirt package.
Is there a reason for that? Does it even make sense to build against
a git checkout on all these platforms?