Re: On the need to move to a merge request workflow

On 3/26/20 10:10 AM, Peter Krempa wrote:
On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 11:44:07 +0000, Daniel Berrange wrote:
We've discussed the idea of replacing our mailing list review workflow with
a merge request workflow in various places, over the last 6 months or so,

One thing I feel the need to voice until this is taken in place is a
matter of personal preference:

I severely dislike the merge request workflow and I'll be severely
disappointed once we switch over to it.

I'm not thrilled about it either, but I believe that once we get used to the
new workflow we'll learn to appreciate all the possibilities a GitForge tool
brings to the table.

One point that I already made earlier in the thread: having to track discussions
in two places (mailing list and Gitlab) will be annoying. I understand that the
idea is that we'll organically move move all possible discussions to Gitlab.
I'd rather make it a blunt and quick directive: once we moved to Gitlab, mailing
list is completely discouraged unless it's a topic that needs to be discussed
together with the QEMU or any other mailing list. If we leave to personal
preference we'll have people posting stuff everywhere.

DHB