Virtualbox Support for 6.x ?

Hello all,

TL;DR: Is there any libvirt update regarding VBox 6.x planned until July 2020?

I tried using libvirt 4.x / virsh with Virtualbox 6.1.4, which seem to not work. The output of virsh -V tells me that hypervisor should be able for that:

Compiled with support for:

Hypervisors: … VirtualBox …

If I try to connect to a vbox session I get following error:

error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

error: internal error: unable to initialize VirtualBox driver API

I already saw from different threads messages like this:

libvirt version: 5.10.0
Libvirt doesn't support VirtualBox API version 6001000

regarding the libvirt changelog, only Virtualbox 5.2 is officially supported. Unfortunately, the support/maintenance for Virtualbox 5.2. ends in July 2020. Is there any libvirt update regarding VBox 6.x planned until July 2020?

And is following combination in general possible: Libvirt + VBox + Windows Guest/VM ?

Best regards
Emanuel