[libvirt] RE: [virt-tools-list] Questions about virt-manager running on Arch of Itanium 64

> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:43:27 +0000
> From: rjones@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: x_k_123@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: berrange@xxxxxxxxxx; virt-tools-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [virt-tools-list] Questions about virt-manager running on Arch of Itanium 64
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 05:07:00PM +0800, Dustin Xiong wrote:
> > But when I run virsh ,it failed as below:
> > [root@kvm bin]# ./virsh
> > error: unable to connect to '/usr/local/dlibvirt/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory
> ^^
> Is there really a 'd' in the path there?
>
> Anyway you can either change the default path that libvirt uses,
> by configuring it with:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
> or you can change the socket path virsh uses at runtime with:
>
> ./virsh -c qemu+unix:///system?socket=/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock

Thank you for your advice.
And I compiled the libvirt-0.7.4 again
./configure
make
make install
After reboot the machine, I run the binary virsh, the result is as below:
[root@kvm bin]#virsh
error: unable to connect to '/usr/local/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

Then I run the virsh -c ,the result is as below:
[root@kvm bin]#virsh -c qemu+unix:///system?socket=/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
error: unable to connect to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

At the same time, I found the libvird didn't running, I don't know whether this caused the error or not.

I don't know why this error occurs.
Maybe the reason is the libvirt didn't support the use kvm virtualization on ia64 as berrange said before.
But I modify the qemu_conf.c and add ia64 information into the struct arch_info_hvm.
Then compiled again. The errors remain.

Please forgive my poor program skills, I can't add the ia64 into the libvirt kvm supports.
Will you want to do some works on this?

Thanks a lot.

Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from Hotmail®.