Re: [libvirt] F12beta guest will not connect to LAN via bridge

Gerry Reno wrote:
Gerry Reno wrote:
Setup:
HOST: F11 x86_64
GUEST: F12beta x86_64

I have a number of guests setup on this host and all connect without a problem with the 'br0' bridge on the host. I created a new guest and loaded F12beta on it. I defined it to also use 'br0' networking but this guest cannot ping anything on the LAN. All the other guests have no problems communicating to addresses on the LAN.
The only thing I can find is that the new F12beta guest does not have 'bridge' module loaded in kernel as compared with a working existing F11 guest. I tried loading the 'bridge' module but this did not make any difference after restarting the network. I then tried rebooting the guest but then the 'bridge' module is not loaded again. Is the 'bridge' module necessary? I thought I had read where this was no longer necessary for guest bridging.

The only way I can get bridged networking to work in the F12beta guest is by selecting "Hypervisor default" when adding Network device. If I select "virtio" it fails.

-Gerry