Re: [libvirt] flush guest page cache and suspend?

Hi.

I cannot answer for the sync when the host is suspended, but I think the
best way is to save your guest (virsh save guest /past/to/backup), take
your snapshot, restore the guest (virsh restore /path/to/backup), then
run the backup (of the snapshot and the saved state file).

I've writtent a script which does exactly that:

http://repo.firewall-services.com/misc/virt/virt-backup.pl

It takes care of:
- saving the guest (or just suspend)
- take the snapshot (if possible)
- restore the guest (or just resume)
- dump the snapshot, and optionnaly compress it on the fly
- cleanup everything when you're done

Regards, Daniel

Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.