[libvirt] Re: Libvir Xen and domain events

I have been looking into registering some domain events though the python Libvir API. However, I am getting errors and I believe it may be due to lack of event support in Xen. This is the error I am getting:

libvir: Xen error : this function is not supported by the hypervisor: xenUnifiedDomainEventRegister
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./testcallback.py", line 19, in ?
    conn.domainEventRegister(callback,None)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1578, in domainEventRegister if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virConnectDomainEventRegister () failed', conn=self) libvirt.libvirtError: this function is not supported by the hypervisor: xenUnifiedDomainEventRegister

If this lack of support is the case, what would you recommend is the best route for catching domain events? Currently, I am thinking of just polling regularly and monitoring for changes in domain state.

Cheers.

Chris Pyper.

P.S. Libvir is awesome.