Re: [Libcg-devel] [libvirt]: Not able to login to container when cgroup is enabled

Dhaval Giani wrote:
On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 06:57:48AM -0700, Dan Smith wrote:
R> can you help me here ?

Probably not, I'm not familiar with cgconfig nor the latest cgroup
support in libvirt.

R> 14:47:24.556: warning : qemudStartup:565 : Unable to create cgroup
R> for driver: No such device or address

My guess is that this means you don't have the cgroup filesystem
mounted, or it's mounted in a way that prevents libvirt from doing its
work.  IIRC, there are things you can do to the system that require a
reboot to undo.  If cgconfig is setting up the cgroups in such a way,
you might need to reboot between stopping cgconfig and trying libvirt
by itself.

Or the cgroups are being setup in funny fashion. Rishi, what does your
config file look like?

I am attaching the config file.
R> But when i start cgconfig service, then i am not able to open
R> console for my container.

Again, knowing nothing of cgconfig, I can only speculate that it's
doing something to prevent accessing the console pty.

cgconfig does nothing apart from setup the cgroup filesystem as
mentioned in the configuration files.

I would push on the libcgroup folks to help figure out what it's doing
(either by default or with your config) to prevent that and then go
from there.

Would appreciate any help from the libvirt folks who have worked on the
cgroup support in libvirt.

thanks,

group default {
	perm {