[libvirt] Libvirtd on Non Linux?

Hi Experts,

Just wondering is it possible now to run libvirt deamon on non-linux platforms (mainly windows and mac)? If yes, are there instructions on how to build it. If no, what was the roadblock?

I'm trying to find a tool that can control the VMM for desktop/laptop users under win/mac/linux. Mainly for automation of deployment of some appliances. The best tool I've heard is libvirt, but couldn't find any doc on using it for other platforms.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Yushu