Re: [libvirt] Interface driver and ESX support

Shahar Klein wrote:
> mmm
>
> I would like to get host(i.e. node) interface info
> as well as domain(guest) network/interface info
>
> I will probably would like to set/manipulate the node and domains as well
> but it is simpler to start with the get functions - isn't it?
>
> Did I totally misunderstood the architecture?

More or less, yes (at least for the ESX driver).  The ESX driver is a bit
special, and different from some of the other drivers in that you don't run a
libvirtd on the target machine.  It accesses the ESX API's via SOAP on the
remote machine.  So what the libvirt driver can do is limited by what the ESX
API's can do.  If the ESX API's can do the sort of enumeration you are talking
about, then I think it would be possible to implement it, although it would
require an entirely new interface driver.

--
Chris Lalancette