Re: [RFC] libvirt hexagon sticker design

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 12:41:32PM +0100, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
On Mon, 2018-02-19 at 10:31 +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> [1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xhn0GLvCKMcEOUnqn6boghaUOgjA8sOG
> [2] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b2MUyv0eo723F2rorWnmv1sTeCycUCN4

I think the second style works better, as having the 'VIRTUALIZATION API'
line there pushes the main logo off to the left hand side, making the
image unbalanced.

Agreed on the second style.

Definitely.

In the original stickers we had, which were round, we have the website
URL and "VIRTUALIZATION API" done above & below the image

    https://www.berrange.com/~dan/libvirt-sticker.jpg

Perhaps we could try and do the same layout but with the hexagon, as
that would get rid of the big white space above & below the main
graphic.

I think trying to cram too much information inside a small
exhagon is not going to look great. If you look at most other
stickers, they don't include things such as the URL either.

Exactly.  And libvirt is not a word of many meanings.  Google "libvirt" and
there is no confusion what the sticker is supposed to represent.

In terms of background & border, IMHO, it really should be the white
background - the logo doesn't stand out well when you have it on the
green background. Green background is ok for the wbsite banner as we
don't want the logo to be too distrating, but for a promotional sticker
having a prominent bold style is desirable.

Agreed. The lighter green background also mostly works, but only
with the grey text variation of the logo.

I'd vote from second one from the top row.  Did you try making a circular (or
hexagonal) gradien tthat would start as white in the center and continued to the
outside where it would end up as a border of the same colour as the one I voted
for?  Might be very ugly, but also pretty nice, hard to say without any trying =)