Re: [libvirt] RFC: libvirt java bindings based on JNA

Thomas Treutner wrote:
On Tuesday 28 July 2009 14:42:42 Bryan Kearney wrote:
Thomas Treutner wrote:
When using it with my tiny test application (which works fine with the
JNI version), it first complains that /etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem can not be
found. As I installed libvirt from source, it's in /usr/local/...,
working fine with JNI. So I did a symlink workaround for now.
Where did you see this complaint? Also.. what is your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
set to when running this.

The file not found was cacert.pem, not the *.so - so I don't think LD_LIBRARY_PATH matters here?
Anyways, the problem about

	conn = new Connect("xen://node02", false);

was my fault - I forgot wiping an old apt-installed version of libvirt before compiling libvirt-java-jna. It works now, but there seems to be a massive typo somewhere; when I start my small application, it can't find "liblibvirt.so" (sic!) and exits.

Really.. can you send me the output? What version of jna do you have?

# find /usr -name "libvirt.so*" /usr/local/lib/libvirt.so.0.6.5
/usr/local/lib/libvirt.so.0
/usr/local/lib/libvirt.so

(ld cache is up to date, checked /etc/ld.so.cache)

# ln -s /usr/local/lib/libvirt.so /usr/local/lib/liblibvirt.so # ldconfig

...and it works! ;-)

When I use the test class (directly on a node where libvirtd is running,
or remote, it doesn't matter), connections to the test driver are
refused, although some test information seems to be gathered, and
connecting with virsh works perfectly:
Acutally.. this is bad output. I bet I left the call with the
defaultAuth in there. Can you verify that there are 2 open calls in the
code I sent?

This here?

 //For testing the authentication
 ConnectAuth defaultAuth = new ConnectAuthDefault();

try{
conn = new Connect("test+tcp://localhost/default", defaultAuth, 0);

Yes.. this was causing hte failure.. if you comment this out (I am still debugging this) you should see it run with no failures.

-- bk