Re: [libvirt] test driver and virtOpenAuth()

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:23:51PM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 01:56:24PM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
I am trying to test a call into virConnectOpenAuth. How can I configure the test driver to accept auth calls on

"test+tcp://localhost/default"
Start libvirtd as root, with SASL enabled. It is not the kind of thing
you want todo from a test suite though.

Daniel
Thanks.

I am trying test script which DV wrote. So, this is more of a one-off.

to enable sasl, I edited the following in my libvirtd.conf. Is this correct:

listen_tcp = 1
tcp_port = "16509"
listen_addr = "192.168.0.1"
auth_unix_ro = "sasl"
auth_unix_rw = "sasl"
auth_tcp = "sasl"
auth_tls = "sasl"

Is that all I need to do?

THere's no need to set tcp_port, or listen_addr, nor any of the
auth_XXX variables. the 'tcp' socket defaults to sasl now.

You will however have to create yourself some sasl usernames/passwords

http://libvirt.org/auth.html#ACL_server_username

Daniel

With that, I still can not connect. I see this in /var/log/messages:

Jul 27 20:25:41 localhost libvirtd: Could not find keytab file: /etc/libvirt/krb5.tab: No such file or directory

Is that an issue?

I am getting this from the command line:

libvir: Remote error : unable to connect to 'localhost.localdomain': Connection refused exception caught:org.libvirt.LibvirtException: unable to connect to 'localhost.localdomain': Connection refused
level:VIR_ERR_ERROR
code:VIR_ERR_SYSTEM_ERROR
domain:VIR_FROM_REMOTE
hasConn:false
hasDom:false
hasNet:false
message:unable to connect to 'localhost.localdomain': Connection refused
str1:%s
str2:unable to connect to 'localhost.localdomain': Connection refused
str3:null
int1:-1
int2:-1

sasl output is: