[question]Why libvirt bind all devices with same vendor id and device id to vfio-pci driver, and only unbind devices used by VMs to original driver?

Hi,

As the title says, I thought that it’s a bit unreasonable and inconsistent  to unbind devices assigned to VMs to original driver

and leave other devices binding to vfio-pci driver.

Why not to bind devices we need to vfio-pci driver instead of bind all devices with same type to vfio-pci driver?

Or, we may can rebind devices unused with same type to original driver.

Thanks,

Zongyong Wu