libvirt 2.3.0 and later versions hanging

Hi, I am starting a libvritd process when booting up an embedded networking system via python, like so: subprocess.Popen(["libvirtd","-d"],stdout=subprocess.PIPE,stderr=subprocess.PIPE)

This runs and works fine for version 1.2.20. However after I upgraded to 2.3.0 I started noticing an intermittent bug. Sometimes my CLI will hang when libvirtd is starting (most of the time it starts fine).

I ssh'd in and had a look around.  libvirtd had a second process entry:
[root@trx-r2 log]# ps ax | grep libvirt
  826 ?        Sl     0:00 libvirtd -d
  843 ?        S      0:00 libvirtd -d
  869 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep libvirt

Using strace I could see the second entry was blocking (FUTEX). Kill libvirtd processes and the boot continues as normal.  I updated libvirt to the latest version and this still happens. To confirm I downgraded to 1.2.20 again and everything works smoothly. Any idea of what may have changed to cause this, pointers for me as to where to have a look?

Thanks,

--
Paul