Re: [libvirt] virsh -no-kvm problem on debian install

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:18:44PM +0200, ChaosMedia > WebDev wrote:
Hi,

i've installed lastest kvm-86 and libvirt-0.6.4 tarballs on my debian stable and have a problem using virsh

No matter what i do in the guest domain config or with /usr/bin/ symlinks, libvirt keeps using the -no-kvm option when starting guests when my cpu has kvm-amd support, modules are loaded and /dev/kvm exists, and starting the guests thru command line works fine, and faster.

These two shows libvirt knows about KVM, so the bug must be in
the guest XML config.

I suspect you've not got type='kvm' on the <domain> tag.

Thx for the info, indeed i changed the domain type from qemu to kvm and the guess started without -no-kvm, so with kvm support.

was
<domain type='qemu' id='5'>
is now
<domain type='kvm' id='5'>

I don't quite understand why it wasn't set to kvm in the first place, i did remember using some kvm option on virt-install command line when creating the guest.

thx again i believe it fixed my problem i'll try to see if if can also apply to virt-manager which was doing the same thing

Marc