Re: [libvirt] VMware ESX driver announcement

Daniel Veillard wrote:
 The other possibility was to use the libraries they provide to
interconnect, but there was a licencing problem, plus you can't expect
to have thing installed on the server, so this was a dead end too.
We looked at this closed source communication library provided by
VMware too, but dropped it because of the licensing problems.

  Yup, too bad, I'm pretty sure it does most of what you're doing now
and even use libxml2 for doing so too. By not open sourcing it this
means double effort ...

Did anyone made an attempt to get it 'free' via the open-vm-tools guys? Becaues I find it hard to believe VMware starts an open source project on one side and doesn't want to help on the other one.

Stefan