Re: [libvirt] Works: libvirt client on OS X 10.5.6

I didn't see your earlier response on those. As for WEXITSTATUS I have no idea why it broke, but as it always compared it to Zero anyway, I just short circuited the evaluation. The MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is a different kind of issue. The libraries that libvirt links to, gnutls and its dependencies, are apparently hard-wired to use OS X 10.4, which doesn't define the symbol UNX2003. When I compile libvirt manually, it is linking to 10.5, and because of this, it expects itself and its dependencies to know about UNX2003 -- which they don't. So I built libvirt at a 10.4 level instead of 10.5 rather than build all of its dependencies by hand (MacPorts is sort of like apt-get or yum -- except it allows OS X devs to easily install Unix tools on their Macs).

--
-a

"Ideally, a code library must be immediately usable by naive developers, easily customized by more sophisticated developers, and readily extensible by experts." -- L. Stein