[libvirt] Incomplete cleanup in storage backend for physical disks?

Title: Incomplete cleanup in storage backend for physical disks?

Hi all,

I have some questions related to the storage backend for physical disks.
If I try to create a new storage pool connected to a physical disk that doesn't have a partition table I get the following error messages:

error: Failed to create pool from /root/physical_disk_pool.xml
error: internal error non-zero exit status from command 2

However, the pool is still exists in inactive state. If I check the code some part of the pool is freed:

cleanup:
    virStoragePoolDefFree(def);
    if (pool) {
        virStoragePoolObjUnlock(pool);
    }
    storageDriverUnlock(driver);
    return ret;

but not the pool object itself. It feels like I end up with an non-complete pool. What is the story here, shouldn't the pool object also be freed in this case?

And what is the suggested to create and start up a storage pool connected to a physical disk that doesn't have a partition table yet?

Regards,
Henrik