Re: libvirt compiles on RISC-V (RV64G)

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 05:29:26PM +0200, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-10-26 at 12:35 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > I'm happy to announce that libvirt compiles fine from git on
> > Fedora/RISC-V.  This has little or no practical value at all, since
> > RISC-V lacks such essentials such as virtualization, qemu etc.
> > However I suppose you could use it as a remote client.
>
> Did you actually try connecting to a remote libvirtd instance
> from the RISC-V machine?

No, the qemu emulation has no networking (real hardware will of course
have networking).

> Does the test suite pass?

I didn't try it.  It's not massively important that libvirt actually
works until the hypervisor specification is sorted out, and real
hardware is widely available.  Mainly the team want libvirt in order
just to satify deps required to build other packages.

Rich.