Re: devAlias correct parsing

Oh, I see, thanks for fast help.
And what is recommended way of identifying device? For example, if application need to change ISO on that event in domain cdrom?

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 04:20:58PM +0300, Alexander Burluka wrote:
Hello,

I would be grateful if you help me with next thing:
I've successfully subscribed on VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_ID_TRAY_CHANGE event in my
application (QEMU based).
It perfectly works and returns to me an device alias (e.g.
"drive-scsi0-0-1-0").
Of course I can split this string by delimiter '-'. However, I've found
private virDomainDefFindDevice function within libvirt and
seems that its make correct parsing. How can I use it in my code?
You should not need to parse these strings at all. The alias in any
event is supposed to match the <alias> against the corresponding
device in the XML. You should treat them as opaque strings.

Regards,
Daniel

--
Regards,